St Davids Cathedral is only open for indiviual visitors. We are still closed to all group bookings
Pilgrims and Visitors
Pilgrims and visitors are most welcome in the Cathedral at anytime. There may be a few exceptions when the cathedral has to be shut for a private function, we endevour to let everyone know in advance
During August we provide regular tours on Monday afternoons, on Friday mornings and afternoons and on other days subject to demand and guide availability.
We welcome donations to help meet the ever increasing costs of supporting this Holy Place. (Just giving link) We suggest a donation of £6 to help cover the daily running costs.
Our guides are all volunteers and are not always available. If you are a UK taxpayer you can increase the value of your donation by using the gift aid envelopes. Please ask your guide for one.
Group Bookings are currently not allowed. Please ignore all below at this time
Information for Groups 2020
- The cathedral is usually open for tours from 9.00am until 5.00pm, Monday to Saturday. Guided tours can be arranged on Sundays only from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, although the cathedral is open from 12.30pm until 5.00pm for general visiting.
- The expense of running the cathedral and keeping it available for worship, pilgrims and visitors, is immense, currently more than £2,700 per day, and a charge of £6.00 per adult/senior is requested to help cover these costs. (If you require the cathedral to provide a guided tour, the amount should be increased to £7.50 per adult.) Payment can be made on the day by cheque, card (not American Express) or in cash. An invoice can be sent if tour companies leave a voucher at the shop.
- Tours can be arranged for groups of various size but very large groups may be divided into manageable numbers.
- Tour guides will be provided if requested in advance and if available. It should be noted that, unlike many other cathedrals, we have only a small number of guides, all of whom are volunteers and are not permanently based at the cathedral. If you request a tour guide, he/she will go to the cathedral to meet your group at the time agreed. If there is a possibility that your group will arrive late or if you have decided not to come at all, please ring the cathedral office on 01437 720202. A delay of twenty minutes or more may mean that the tour guide is no longer available. A tour of the cathedral will take approximately one hour. Tours will be conducted in English. If requested we will endevour to find a language of your choice but cannot be guaranteed. Tours in Welsh are available subject to guide availability.
- Tour parties are invited to visit the cathedral on the same basis as all visitors and pilgrims. The prime functions of the cathedral as a place of worship take precedence, and on rare occasions a tour invitation may have to be adjusted or cancelled at short notice.
- Visitors will be able to purchase drinks and food from the refectory and gifts, books and guides from the two cathedral shops.
- There is no coach parking close to the cathedral, the nearest drop-off is at Cross Square for large coaches. There is a carpark for smaller vehicles adjacent to the Cathedral, at the bottom of the hill.
- There is a long hill and/or steps down to the cathedral which some people may find difficult.
- Please Note
A tour is not confirmed until confirmation from the cathedral tours organiser has been received by you.
- We welcome groups of all ages to the Cathedral.
- We make every effort to facilitate pilgrimages.
- Let us know of any special interests or requirements.
- Special Interest Groups are welcome.
Tour parties can provide their own guides by arrangement and after consultation. It is essential that Tour Companies and other organised groups email email@example.com to ensure that a service, concert or other cathedral event will not prevent the visit from taking place.Tour companies should note that a booking is not in place until they have received a confirmation advice from us.
School Visits are particularly welcomed.
Please see the Ty'r Pererin page for more information.
Contact: Please contact the Cathedral Office for further assistance or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org