Pilgrims and Visitors
Pilgrims and visitors are most welcome in the Cathedral at anytime. There may be a few exceptions when the cathedral has to be shut for a private function, we endevour to let everyone know in advance
We welcome donations to help meet the ever increasing costs of supporting this Holy Place. (Just giving link) We suggest a donation of £5 to help cover the daily running costs.
Information for Groups 2022
- The cathedral is usually open for tours from 9.00am until 5.00pm, Monday to Saturday and on Sundays only from 1:00pm to 4:00pm where Guided tours can be arranged
- The expense of running the cathedral and keeping it available for worship, pilgrims and visitors, is immense, currently more than £2,700 per day, and a charge of £7.50 per adult/senior is requested to help cover these costs. (If you require the cathedral to provide a guided tour, the amount will be increased to £12.00 per adult.) We will send an invoice to the tour company a few days before the tour
- Tours can be arranged for groups of various size but very large groups may be divided into manageable numbers.
- Tour guides will be provided if requested in advance and if available. It should be noted that, unlike many other cathedrals, we have only a small number of guides, all of whom are volunteers and are not permanently based at the cathedral. If you request a tour guide, he/she will go to the cathedral to meet your group at the time agreed. If there is a possibility that your group will arrive late or if you have decided not to come at all, please ring the cathedral office on 01437 720202. A delay of twenty minutes or more may mean that the tour guide is no longer available. A tour of the cathedral will take approximately one hour. Tours will be conducted in English. If requested we will endevour to find a language of your choice but cannot be guaranteed. Tours in Welsh are available subject to guide availability.
- Tour parties are invited to visit the cathedral on the same basis as all visitors and pilgrims. The prime functions of the cathedral as a place of worship take precedence, and on rare occasions a tour invitation may have to be adjusted or cancelled at short notice.
- Visitors will be able to purchase drinks and food from the refectory and gifts, books and guides from the two cathedral shops.
- There is no coach parking close to the cathedral, the nearest drop-off is at Cross Square for large coaches and the coach carpark is at the Oriel Car park Visitors Centre . There is a carpark for smaller vehicles adjacent to the Cathedral, at the bottom of the hill.
- There is a STEEP long hill and/or steps down to the cathedral which some people may find difficult.
- Please Note
A tour is not confirmed until confirmation from the cathedral tours organiser has been received by you.
- We welcome groups of all ages to the Cathedral.
- We make every effort to facilitate pilgrimages.
- Let us know of any special interests or requirements.
- Special Interest Groups are welcome.
Tour parties can provide their own guides by arrangement and after consultation. It is essential that Tour Companies and other organised groups email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that a service, concert or other cathedral event will not prevent the visit from taking place.Tour companies should note that a booking is not in place until they have received a confirmation advice from us.
School Visits are particularly welcomed.
Please see the Ty'r Pererin page for more information.
Contact: Please contact the Cathedral Office for further assistance or you can e-mail email@example.com